• Advertisement

first trip to contrary

Talk about virginia gold

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

first trip to contrary

Postby Timber » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:37 am

went down this past Sunday to scope it out. walked down to the water and along the water. it is beautiful!!! how do you guys get gear down that hill? is there a trail I didn't notice? I plan on being there on the 5th with my Dues
Timber
goldflake
goldflake

Advertisement

Re: first trip to contrary

Postby sdbridges3 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 pm

If you are going to be there on the 5th then it will be easier to be shown the proper alternatives by the lease members. Members have access to a trail on the other side of the bridge. Non-members, legally, should only use the two steep paths straight to the creek at the end of the parking lot. Tough-going whatever way you use. :(

-Steve B
sdbridges3
picker
picker

Postby Darth Placer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Before I was a lease member the first season I had to haul my dredge down and back up that goat path many times. Piece by piece. It would work ya good. By the end of the season I was doing it like it was nothing.

Made me appreciate the lease very much. Opened up a lot more ground too.

First season as a lease member I hauled my dredge with a baja minibike and trailer. Last season I upgraded to a bigger dredge and a Chinese ATV.

Some of my friends/fellow lease members are using bigfoot style wagons pulled by hand to haul there dredges.
Where there is a will there is a way.
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Timber » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:02 am

I will be there the 5th
Timber
goldflake
goldflake

Return to Vagold