• Advertisement

So happy it's warm!

Talk about virginia gold

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

So happy it's warm!

Postby ezieg » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:15 pm

So I went to the cvgp meeting on Saturday, and camped out on claim one for the weekend. Found some decomposing bedrock in one spot, and a "huge" amount of HG in another! Got some color, and I'm so happy to be back in the woods! Anybody else feeling cabin fever after the winter?
ezieg
picker
picker

Advertisement

Re: So happy it's warm!

Postby Darth Placer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:36 pm

I got the fever real bad. Missed that meeting cause the truck has a bad oil control ring... Swapping the motor this weekend hoping to be back on the dredge in two and knock that patina off the riffles. Should make the next one to sign up and meet you all.

Only got out once this winter... found enough to take the edge off...It's never enough... would be nice if there was some sort of support group that pans out paydirt and drinks coffee while they talk about their addiction to the yeller.

You know you hit rock bottom when you find yourself panning out the runoff from the sanders after a snow storm.

LET ME OUT!!!!!
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Prospector69 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:42 am

I'll be at the Apr meeting. I've been frozen out even in Apr. Got some stream blockages to clean out with my come along. I figure the blockages were trapping the gold.
Prospector69
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby adawg » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:07 pm

I work for 'the man' too dang much .. Gonna stop that soon .. Will have much more time to get dirty ! :D
Plan on prospecting, crabbing, shroomin, hunting and fishing etc..
Ah yes, gotta live our mortal life as best we can , while the Good Lord sees so fit .. When he calls, maybe he will let me bring my pan. :lol:
And yes, I am soooo happy that winter has passed ! I am a southerner, and don't much care for cold gold .. :lol:
UGA DAWGS FAN-ADDICT
adawg
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby sanman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:22 pm

That crabbing and fishing sounds better each day...
smell-n-yellow
I call it research, when I'm not sure what I'm doing...!
sanman
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby ezieg » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:32 am

I had trouble logging on the last few days, but it works now. I go camping almost everyone I go to a cvgp claim, it's to far for me not to. Also, I found that I always get my pick of spots in late winter & early spring. Way to cold for me to get submerged in the water though. When I can't get out I "satisfy" my fever with crushing rocks. I'm hoping to get out a lot more this year!
ezieg
picker
picker

Return to Vagold