• Advertisement

The End Of Va-Gold

Site news will be posted here.

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

Re: The End Of Va-Gold

Postby TheEquineFencer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:10 am

It's a PITA I know for what you've been going through. I know a few others that have gone through about the same thing. It's truly a labor of love what you've done.

Its going to be a shame to see it go away. There's so much useful info that's been posted through the years on this site. A lot of times I use it for reference material.

FB or maybe even a Yahoo group might work, anything is better than nothing. Maybe start a thread like this and ask those that want to stay in touch subscribe and get an e-mail or something so we can stay in touch with each other.

Thanks again for all you've done and endured, it truly is a testament to your passion and character.
TheEquineFencer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Advertisement

Postby Ladygarnet » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:05 am

I want to thank everyone for a wonderful site. Maybe make a Facebook page to stay in touch. Chuck thank you so much for everything.

Ladygarnet
Ladygarnet
Cvgp officer
Cvgp officer

Postby thedigger » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:30 am

I am very sorry that VA-Gold is closing.
I will always remember the great help that I got in building the shaker table,which turned out to be a great success,all the members that so generiously gave the imformation.
If in the future there is FB site,I would interested in being there.
Regards Frank
thedigger
picker
picker

Postby shack » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:03 am

Chuck, thanks for everything you've done to keep this up and running, and to all those who helped administer the forum over the years and make donations. This site has been a very informative source of gold prospecting info for many people and for that we are all very grateful.

Shack
http://www.shacksgold.com
Fortune favors the brave
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby jkrem » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:36 pm

Chuck,
Thank you very much for everything you have done. I have really enjoyed being part of this community. I have learned so much from all the folks here, and it has been a pleasure to have met so many great and generous people. You and they were the real "gold" I got from this hobby.

All the best,
Jim
jkrem
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby adawg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:56 pm

This breaks my heart . But not the first time that has happened ..
I would like to thank all of our members for your contributions to this forum .. I will miss it greatly ..
Thank you Chuck, for all you have done ..
Sad day ..... :(
Last edited by adawg on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
UGA DAWGS FAN-ADDICT
adawg
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby 4gold » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Am still a Newbie but I wanted to say thanks for running the site, I've learned an awful lot reading old posts this past year. If there is anyway to keep it up I would be willing to donate as well. If there is any other good sites out there please share. I would be interested in Facebook.

Thanks again,

Joey
4gold
golddust
golddust

Postby ruffandtuff » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Also, I want to thank Slick50 (Mike R.) Chuck's predecessor for setting-up the VA-Gold Forum. Thanks again, RuffandTuff.
ruffandtuff
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Sam Burgin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:46 am

This is a profound loss to the mining community, but an understandable one. Thank you Chuck and Mike for the framework you established and maintained on this site.

I attempted to establish a fee based registration process once, but Proboards wouldn't do it. They insisted the site administrator would just have to deal with any open registration/ fee based configuration, much as the Alaska Gold forums did.

I hope this site can be resurrected one day, somehow, because it is a terrific source for everyone.

Thanks for everything. Hope we all can land somewhere where we can find one another.

Sam
Sam Burgin
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby p_jaffizzle » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:36 pm

Thanks for all of the years of hard work maintaining this site! I've enjoyed sharing stories of our gold prospecting adventures!

Peter
p_jaffizzle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:44 am

I've had some donations, enough to cover another month. Also I've had a couple members give some ideas on a few things that I'm in the process of looking into....and another month will give some breathing room while we check out some options.
Chuck
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buccaneer » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:57 pm

To all, thanks for all the fun I have had on this site. I have learned, prayed, cried for others and laughed till I cried. Thank you slick50 for starting the site and Chuck for keeping it going. I made many friends here and have shared the lost of friends and family members. This site was one big family, and like family, there were up times and downs but most time wounds healed with time. I say far well to all for when the sites time comes to the end.

BUCCANEER
AKA David Shaw
buccaneer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Darth Placer » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Didn't know you were interested in taking donations and keeping it going Chuck... I will donate this weekend .... and hopefully some others will too.
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Chuck » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:30 am

I haven't been actively seeking donations but a couple were made after I started this thread....so I will use it to pay for another month. BUT, this A.M. I see the payment did not go thru, don't know why...I'm off to work now and will try to straighten it out when I get home. The forum MAY go down for a while before I can get home to see whats up.
Chuck
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aunova » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:59 am

Chuck - Just made a donation. Hopefully We can get this forum to stay around a little bit longer. Thanks for your work on maintaining the site.
aunova

PreviousNext

Return to Site News