• Advertisement

Check from CCPL

Site news will be posted here.

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

Check from CCPL

Postby Chuck » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:03 pm

I received a check from Adawg that was the balance from everyone that paid their fee ahead for this year. Since no-one requested their fees back, the money has been donated to Va-Gold and will go toward paying server and domain fees.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone involved....Thank You!!!
Chuck
Site Admin
Site Admin

Advertisement

Re: Check from CCPL

Postby Buckets » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Many thanks to you too, Chuck, Adawg and everyone else!
Buckets
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby ruffandtuff » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:43 pm

A personal "Thank-You" to all the CCPL individuals who requested that their fees be paid to VA-Gold and for Mr.Chuck for maintaining the Site! Thanks, RuffandTuff.
Last edited by ruffandtuff on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ruffandtuff
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Darth Placer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:21 pm

That should keep you going for some time Chuck.

It's good to see my funds still put to good use. There is a great wealth of knowledge on this site, shutting it down would be a travesty.
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby shack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Chuck,
The lease we had would not have been the success it was without this forum and your management of its existence. Not a single CCPL member requested a 2017 refund, and that is freaking awesome! Donating the balance of our lease account to this forum will serve a purpose and we are all glad to contribute in any manner.

A special thanks to Adawg who managed the books, lists, cards, and all that fun stuff for the past few years. I know you've been wrestling with some serious health issues and I hope you make a full recovery and can return to the hobby that you love and enjoy. Much AU to you sir. Also to the Lease Managers who helped keep the lease in order and manage the activities with the members, local businesses, and local law enforcement personnel. Since 2008 this lease has proven that members of the gold prospecting community can successfully manage a lease on a massive property while helping prospectors find some color using responsible mining techniques. Hats off to all of you, and thank you very much for your many years of personal commitment to the hobby.

Over the years the lease has had over 500 different members and last I checked our members have come from nearly two dozen different states. Some were just trying their luck for the first time but wanted to participate in the lease, and others who joined years ago still visit the creek regularly for their fix of AU. At one point there were over 130 active members on the lease. The lease numbers settled down into the 60's and 70's and those dedicated folks did an incredible job with the property. Over the years many of the members created a personal attachment to the property, and that is evident with the continued care and stewardship of the property even without a lease. I'm amazed at what a bunch of prospectors can do when many get together for a common purpose. Outstanding!

Shack
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby adawg » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:28 am

I also would like to thank Chuck for his unwavering support not only for the CCPL, but for our prospecting community as a whole . Well done sir, and thank you ! It is with much sorrow that we have to let the lease go, but we had no choice . But I think we did much to educate .. That is even more important . Perhaps in time, we can restore the lease, but at this point in time, we cannot .. I would like to thank all who stepped up, all those who supported, and all of you who carry on the torch .. We can still educate, even without the lease .. Carry on gents, and may god bless ! Thank you !
P.S. Shack, none of this would have been possible without your years of hard work and dedication . I know how much time and effort you have put
into it .. I will always remember the campfire chats ... Hope we can have more in the future ! :D
Last edited by adawg on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
UGA DAWGS FAN-ADDICT
adawg
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby Gold Seeker » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:22 pm

It's awesome of all the CCPL members to donate their membership fee to VaGold, I wouldn't of expected less, kudos to you all, or I should say..ya'll!!

I unfortunately have never made it to CC, but I'm not dead yet and it's still on my to do list, hopefully one day I'll make it up there and get to wet my pan in CC and hopefully bring home a bit of CC to keep in my collection of gold, I was a member of the first lease but couldn't make it up there that year, work just kept getting in the way and has been ever since.

Shack is one of the main driving forces of CC and the inception of the lease, without him taking the lead to do a lease I don't know if it would've ever happened, his dedication to CC is beyond compare IMHO, his disscetion of how the gold runs in CC was/is a work of passion and his willingness to share his hard work here on the forum and on CC is proof of his charater, you Sir are to be commended!!

I know that Shack didn't do all of this on his own, the "army" of volunteers are numerous and ya'll know who you are, I would be amiss to not give all of ya'll the Kudos ya'll deserve, Thanks to one and all for all the hard work and dedication put forth!!

Hopefully another lease will be in the future, if I win the lottery I'll make sure it happens, not only on the creek but the entire surrounding property :idea: !!
Seek and Yea Shall Find, and when you find it Thank GOD!!!

Skip
Gold Seeker
goldnugget
goldnugget

Return to Site News