• Advertisement

2017 CCPL Refunds, 2 September

Talk about anything here

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

2017 CCPL Refunds, 2 September

Postby shack » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:17 am

CCPL Members,
Please be at the property from 9-10 a.m. on Saturday, 2 September if you paid your $20 Lease Dues in advance and would like a refund. The funds left over in the CCPL pot after that date are being donated to VA Gold. Please send me and Adawg a PM if you cannot make that date and would like your refund. Please include your Membership Card # and your mailing address in your message.

We will keep a close eye on the status of the land while the land owner works through bankruptcy proceedings. At this point it is not smart to continue the lease into 2018 based on the legal status of the land.

Shack
http://www.shacksgold.com
Fortune favors the brave
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Advertisement

Re: 2017 CCPL Refunds, 2 September

Postby ezieg » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Thanks for the update, I'm going to try to make it that Saturday, but not for a refund. Please put any refund owed to me towards Va Gold.
ezieg
picker
picker

Postby shack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 am

Thank you ezieg, will do!
Fortune favors the brave
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby 4gold » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:11 am

Please donate my $20 to VA gold please

Thanks,

Joey
4gold
golddust
golddust

Postby Goldblazer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:31 am

Not looking for a refund, VA Gold can make use of mine.
Keep us in the loop.
Goldblazer
golddust
golddust

Postby shack » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 pm

That's awesome. Thank you Goldblazer and 4gold.
Fortune favors the brave
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby StaffordExpress » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:45 am

I missed some of the background information on this. If I am a 2017 member can I still use the land or not? Is everyone restricted to using the public access area by the bridge? Well, it was a good run. Thank you to all the managers that has kept this going.
StaffordExpress
picker
picker

Postby Kev NC » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:53 pm

We do not have a lease for 2017 due to land owner bankruptcy proceedings, so you can NOT use the land. That is why we are giving refunds on 9-2-17 from 9-10AM to members who paid for 2017. If you choose to still use the access on the north side of the bridge and the land outside of the normal high water you do so at your own risk .
Kev NC
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby shack » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:18 pm

StaffordExpress wrote:I missed some of the background information on this. If I am a 2017 member can I still use the land or not? Is everyone restricted to using the public access area by the bridge? Well, it was a good run. Thank you to all the managers that has kept this going.

Anyone can access the creek via the road/bridge maintenance and easement area.

Per our lease agreement, we send in our lease payment every year and our lease continues when the land owner receives and accepts the payment. The land owner has been very difficult to track down since they filed for bankruptcy last year. They have totally moved out of the area and forwarded mail is being returned to the sender. It's obvious that they don't want to be contacted. We've visited all of their local offices on numerous occasions, all closed. Adawg sent the 2017 lease payment in twice and on both occasions the payment (the unopened envelop) was sent back to him with our check intact. Basically, we don't have a lease per our lease agreement without the owner's acceptance of payment. The only thing we can do at this point is refund the 2017 lease dues to those who paid their $20 for 2017 in advance.

After the refunds whatever money is left over will go to VA Gold to help Chuck with the web hosting costs. Adawg will work directly with Chuck on that.

Shack
Fortune favors the brave
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Darth Placer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm fine with my dues going to VAGold .. just joined the CVGP so doing a bunch of research again on the forum here.

Got to check out Claims #1, #2, and #5 yesterday after the meeting ... from reading the forum I missed some spots and wrote off some claims I should have visited that are low in the dry months. No floats yet on my 4"

I went down to CC a couple weeks ago. Filled in a hole someone dug into the bank up high. (did my maintenance anyways :wink:) Been having to do that every trip it seems lately. Kind of concerned those sort of occurrences might keep us from getting a new lease.

Stayed below the high water line. Still hoping we can get a lease with the new owners.
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby StaffordExpress » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:42 am

Kev and Shack thanks for that information!
StaffordExpress
picker
picker

Postby terrynva » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Please put my $20.00 towards vagold site. Hope it helps. Sure would like to hear if anything positive happens and we get the lease back.
Thanks, Terry Ferris
terrynva
goldflake
goldflake

Return to General Talk