• Advertisement

New level of stupid

Talk about anything here

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

New level of stupid

Postby shack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:05 am

Here's a whole new level of stupid... someone moving the embankment rocks under the bridge, digging holes, and leaving the embankment rocks out of place. People like this are going to ruin this hobby. Either they don't know better or they know better and simply don't care. Whoever is doing this, please stop.

Shack
Attachments
bridge.JPG
bridge.JPG (212.22 KiB) Viewed 292 times
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Advertisement

Re: New level of stupid

Postby sanman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Now that can get the parking lot shut down real fast....What stupid clowns....
smell-n-yellow
I call it research, when I'm not sure what I'm doing...!
sanman
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby Darth Placer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Sadly people treat that area like a public city park. At times like a bad side of town bus stop. One trip I ran into a vagrant there that stayed overnight.

One of the first trips there I scraped the entire top 3 inches off a large section of that inside bend... when I left you never would have known I was there... Just simply throwing buckets of water on top of the disturbed surface was enough to wash and grade everything down to the natural state.

Very little effort was required to do it.

Was a good 3 hr run with a shovel and a banker....

After a couple more trips there you were the one that showed me how to use a fire nozzle on the pressure hose to make reclamation at the end of the day easier. It is a great method... you should consider putting it on Shacks Gold... reclamation is worthy of its own page. I know some use their jet logs, shovels, rakes, scoops on the atv, etc

Honestly it's a topic that is covered nowhere but should be covered everywhere.

Still hopeful we can get back on a lease there.... the creek needs it.
Last edited by Darth Placer on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby adawg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Yup, new level of stupid .. We had the property in pretty good condition, now it's wide open to idiots .. What to do ??? We can only try to educate .. But it's hard to educate an idiot .. But I can assure you that if certain prospectors catch you doing this damage to our beloved hobby, they will be in your face.
UGA DAWGS FAN-ADDICT
adawg
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby shack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 am

Yup, I use the 2" uber-blaster directly off the pump output. It's fast, easy, and requires zero effort with a shovel (best part!).
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby ruffandtuff » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Mr. Shack, thanks for all your efforts to preserve Gold Prospecting in Virginia! Thanks, RuffandTuff.
Last edited by ruffandtuff on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ruffandtuff
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Darth Placer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:10 pm

shack wrote:Yup, I use the 2" uber-blaster directly off the pump output. It's fast, easy, and requires zero effort with a shovel (best part!).

Does a hell of a job emulsifying caliche and clay too. So there you go 3 reasons to go to Tractor Supply and buy a 1.5" or 2" fire hose nozzle. For good measure I will throw in a forth.... filling it all in with the power of your pump and grading it all out is fun.

Common who doesn't like playing with a really friggin high pressure hose?
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby shack » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:01 pm

You are right, I actually look forward to smoothing tails! :lol: The regular 2" hose is great for massive fill jobs, and then the 2" firehose is sweet for finishing touches.
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Darth Placer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 am

I never tried just the hose and no nozzle. Just the nozzle on either full blast/full throttle or a bit of added spray to soften up all the hard lines and sweeping action has worked well for me. Will try it next time... might try the jet log method too.

I was down there yesterday... the creek looked much better then I expected. It's been a while since I have visited since joining the CVGP this year. I set up on a inside bend where there was a little previous damage. Dredged my bit and smoothed out the others spots. Hauled out the crusty water bottles they left behind too.

I do see more burrows in the banks.

Correct me if I'm wrong Shack but the banks downstream of the bridge are just the remnants of the tailing piles that were knocked down when they graded the creek channel straight back in the 60's. Whoever is doing this would do just as well or bad if they ran the material from the flats or exposed mounds elsewhere on the property right?

None of the burrows seem to have been dug extensively so doesn't seem they are finding much.
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby StaffordExpress » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:16 pm

How are you guys getting dredges down there without accessing the property like before? Or are people just using that property anyway? I haven't been down to CC since the lease died, just curious.
StaffordExpress
picker
picker

Return to General Talk