• Advertisement

Merry Christmas

Talk about anything here

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

Merry Christmas

Postby wildfirebill » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:42 am

This is my first post on va gold and wanted to start off by saying Merry Christmas to everyone. I just started prospecting this past September. I plan on joining CVGP as soon as the 2018 registration comes up.

Last edited by wildfirebill on Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildfirebill
golddust
golddust

Advertisement

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby sanman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:00 pm

Welcome to the forum wildfire,...and Merry Christmas to you and yours...
smell-n-yellow
I call it research, when I'm not sure what I'm doing...!
sanman
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby ruffandtuff » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Wishing a "Merry Christmas" to all the VA-Gold prospectors.! Thanks, RuffandTuff
ruffandtuff
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Chuck » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Welcome to Va-Gold! Merry Christmas!!
Chuck
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Darth Placer » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Merry Christmas everyone.

Welcome to the forum Bill.... I think you might be the same Bill I met down at Contrary a little while back... glad to hear your joining the CVGP... its a great club to belong too, you wont regret it. :wink:
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby wildfirebill » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Darth Placer wrote:Merry Christmas everyone.

Welcome to the forum Bill.... I think you might be the same Bill I met down at Contrary a little while back... glad to hear your joining the CVGP... its a great club to belong too, you wont regret it. :wink:

Been a couple times that I seen people on Contrary first was a father and son looking for garnets back in Early Oct and then Thanksgiving week which met a few people. Came out with some gold, wish it had been a little more but had fun.
wildfirebill
golddust
golddust

Postby Darth Placer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:38 pm

For garnets by the bridge is best in the natural bedrock riffles... once you get downstream of there you start to hit heavy amounts of pyrite.... further down is a mix of everything. Not sure how upstream from the bridge is.. never ventured up that way.. From what I understand though the landowners are not so friendly up that way.... Stay in the water... fill in your holes.

Found some nice large specimens of Almadine garnet just downstream of it. Be sure to leave some ATV access if you dig and please fill your holes in. I damn near sunk mine on the last trip out. Glad I have a semi snorkel under the seat. The fall leaves filled the dredge hole in, by the time I realized I what I was in, there was no other option but to commit to full throttle. Friggin bull s#*t .. it was deep.

If it was you I was the one that came over on a camo atv and said hi. We talked for a bit. Sure I will see you around. I don't pass anyone without saying hi. Usually followed by "are you having any luck?"

Just how I am. I like seeing all the different types of equipment in action and meeting fellow prospectors. For me the gold is only half the fun. If you spot me, come on over and join in... will be the one in a black pocket t-shirt, dark greyed hair and a short shaved goat tea and answer to "Rob" :wink:
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby buccaneer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:24 am

Merry Christmas to all
buccaneer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Return to General Talk