• Advertisement

May quit watching news

Political Discussion

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

May quit watching news

Postby Prospector69 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:25 am

I'm getting mighty tired of almost all of the news media's reporting! All but one news programs have the same script in front of them. Even the so called breaking news, is a rehash of things reported through out the day. Same tired things, again and again. Same stories, same words just different people saying the same them. Is there no originality? A different perspective might be nice. Even FOX is doing it! Oh my, but that takes thinking on your own. Not for today's news media, can't do that. I tried BBC for a change but it didn't take long to discover that they are of the same ilk. I'd like new in news. Don't they create real reporters anymore? Now, I'm trying Out Numbered on FOX. At least they have a new "guest" every day who thinks and usually says what he thinks on a subject! Now, I'm also trying out One America News HD. At least, my wife isn't hearing me yell bad things at the screen!
Prospector69
goldnugget
goldnugget

Advertisement

Re: May quit watching news

Postby obdiah » Sat May 13, 2017 10:09 am

try reading the Jerusalem post on line and some European papers amazing what they report that never makes the news here
obdiah
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Darth Placer » Sat May 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Most of it is 100% pure BS and clickbait.

Thing is real news is unexciting. Today it rained all day in MD. That is all that happened. Not enough to fill a days worth of news.... so you add pictures of a flooded basement.... horror stories of deadly black mold... throw a kitten in the water and film someone saving it.

The things people do for money never ceases to amaze me.
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby l1ranger » Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 am

im mostly done with it - especially TV news.
I go through my local paper for work, and see if there is anything I want to know more about - then head online - but its still mostly one-sided, or sensationalism
Josh

“All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.”
l1ranger
goldnugget
goldnugget

Return to Political Discussion Forum