• Advertisement

Maine gold?

General forum for Gold Prospecting

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

Maine gold?

Postby ezieg » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:26 pm

The family and I area headed to Maine tomorrow.... I agreed to this trip to keep my wife happy, and becouse she agreed to let me spend time prospecting. We're spending time at Coo's canyon, and some time near Parsons field (my stepdaughter lives right on a river there), does anyone have any information on gold in Maine? We're also going to New Brunswick Canada for two days. I've read what I can find online, but any firsthand knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I'm just taking pans and a stream sluice.
ezieg
picker
picker

Advertisement

Re: Maine gold?

Postby Darth Placer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:50 pm

I have heard of some great gold in Maine... problem is those that are finding it are tight lipped. But that is everywhere.

You might want to check out some geological maps and past producing mines to help pinpoint where to start looking. Maybe some local clubs.
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Buckets » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:36 am

Hope you are having fun up there. Been to the rock shop? I saw their website, never been there in person, never prospected in Maine. www.cooscanyonrockandgift.com.
Buckets
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Darth Placer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:38 am

Trout and big gold in the same spot... wish I was there.
Darth Placer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby ezieg » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 am

We hit Byron and Coos canyon tomorrow evening, and we're spending two nights. Yesterday we did the coast, today we're heading up towards limestone. I'll let you'll know what I find. Quick notes; Portland is to liberal for me, and the coast is to expensive, But the beer is excellent!
ezieg
picker
picker

Return to Gold Prospecting