• Advertisement

Va. Nuggets on Ebay

This is where you can post items for sale.
NO DEALERS ALLOWED

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

Va. Nuggets on Ebay

Postby adawg » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:30 pm

I am posting these for a friend ( Henry from CC ) .. These are not mine .
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Gold-/45134/i.h ... 6.c0.m1538

http://www.ebay.com/sch/hdic9728/m.html ... 4340.l2562
Last edited by adawg on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UGA DAWGS FAN-ADDICT
adawg
Super moderator
Super moderator

Advertisement

Re: Va. Nuggets on Ebay

Postby shack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Nice stuff, looks familiar! VA gold nuggets are rare. I can tell you that these are very nice pieces of AU, and very pure. Tested from identical locations at 22k-23k+. Can't get that from nature in many places.
http://www.shacksgold.com
Fortune favors the brave
shack
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby ruffandtuff » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:47 pm

Mr. Adawg, Nice looking gold! Thanks, RuffandTuff.
ruffandtuff
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby adawg » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:07 pm

shack wrote:Nice stuff, looks familiar! VA gold nuggets are rare. I can tell you that these are very nice pieces of AU, and very pure. Tested from identical locations at 22k-23k+. Can't get that from nature in many places.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I bet it does look familiar !! :lol: :lol: :lol: You funny bro !!
UGA DAWGS FAN-ADDICT
adawg
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby htd » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:00 pm

http://www.ebay.com/sch/hdic9728/m.html ... 4340.l2562

Just got my login

Yes these are a few of my nuggets from contrary creek , louisa, va. years of searching to find these.
Lucky to find one in a month of searching.
Well I decided to let a few go on ebay - no one puts up virginia gold too hard to find.
So I'm giving collectors a chance to get a piece or two. Wanted all prospectors to see and bid on if they like.
I had a couple one and two pennyweighters up on ebay a bunch coming up tomorrow and sunday.
So you guys pass the word around to clubs etc. this is one time only.
Right now many are still below gold prices some just above way cheap.
Nuggets are worth 2 to 3 times gold value. I probably spent ten times what they are priced just looking for them.
Thanks adawg and shack for posting I know you have seen a number of these they all run about 23k gold very low silver content.
all raw gold has some silver in it . some trace some more. Va Gold is very pure.
So do you want to know were to find big contrary creek gold?
I put treasure map link above.
Henry
htd
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby adawg » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Had me goin there Henry !! Thought you were gonna post a map of CC, and it's hot spots !! :lol:
UGA DAWGS FAN-ADDICT
adawg
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby sanman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm

what HOT spots...??
smell-n-yellow
I call it research, when I'm not sure what I'm doing...!
sanman
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby htd » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:25 pm

I might do that for you. Adawg then I might just tell anyone who buys one the exact location I found it.
They came from all over both mines there. I could tell you were what size nuggets are located. But then wouldn't that ruin all the fun of
finding it yourself. Besides you have been doing pretty darn good. Sometimes I just go after tiny stuff sometimes when water is down might not be able to get to a spot. There are huge areas outside of creek itself untouched. You have probably seen me high banking a couple of them.Did pretty good too. A good day 10 grains, great day pennyweigh,t weak day 5 grain, a christmas day greater than one pennyweight ,best day almost an oz . Tip look were you don't think you will find any. All the places you think you would have been done already.
htd
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby htd » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:15 am

In 4 hours about 3 pm today sunday the 29th the last of the contrary creek gold I'm letting go is going to start hitting auction block on e-bay. Up until about 9 pm eastern. Much of it is still below or at gold value. Most are worth much more than presently bid at.
Anyway there is va gold in seattle washington,california,newyork,florida and a few other states in peoples collections now. They probably would have never gotten any virginia gold. You guys know how hard it is to find. Especially bigger stuff. Small specks are easy. So take a look at them. Feel free to bid if you like. I have more but doubt I will sell anymore.

Henry
htd
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby woodchuck » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:39 am

Henry, I had Barb buy one of your nuggets, and may grab another auction before they are over. Don't want to compete with other members, but also like to see ya get some cash for your gold. Heck, I will be down in a couple of weeks to find more...LOL
woodchuck
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby htd » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Great wanted to see you guys have a chance at them I put on e-bay then realized I didn't give you all a chance.
I had many ounces of fines I sold somewhere else not e-bay ,but these are the only nuggets I am letting go.
Still have plenty more from 16 or 17 years of prospecting. You hit a pocket once in a while a crack that got missed. Adawg and Shack know what I'm talking about. One day went down one hour quarter ounce next day all day same spot 10 grains then nothing.
Get a nugget go ten feet around it and nothing. It is very contrary. Still plenty of gold but have not had any big storms since 70's to wash it in. You can high bank off creek in large open quartz areas and get gold. There is plenty right below first big curve 3/4 mile down but it is chopped up hit and miss from many holes being dug. All along sides back off creek you will find gold. As long as you don't dig into sides of bank and fill in your hole when done your in good shape. You get 50 back off creek an take samples. Lot of fines in top 6 " were dirt has washed away. Another thing you have false bottoms sometimes two before you get to real bottom. The clay was formed after the mine. Got to get through it. The compacted concrete like rust coglomerates contain gold many nuggets in my collect that is were they came from.Good luck and happy hunting .
htd
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby htd » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:04 pm

looking is free I have 39 grains of small nuggets and about 30 larger ones up on ebay today. So if you hit one of links above and get some of it then click on one of pictures when you have single item up and expanded on right side look for were it says view sellers other items,click on that and you will see all remaining items that have not sold of mine.

Some of the largest nuggets I have gotten came out of what you call hard pack. It is not furnace slag it is rusted together stuff and common at most all gold mines.You have to break it apart. and get up under it as well.

Looking is free-- once they go through final auction time pictures will be gone.

Oh the clay in creek you can get some fine out of it and maybe a couple pickers but have never gotten a nugget out of the clay.
The small stuff washed into mix as it was being formed.Nuggets don't move around that easy. Although one could be stuck to bottom of clay.
htd
goldnugget
goldnugget

Return to For Sale