• Advertisement

Best NC gold prospecting locations

Talk about North Carolina gold

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

Best NC gold prospecting locations

Postby ProspectorAl » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Where are the best gold locations in NC that are public access? I have tried all of the pay to dig places around vein mountain with limited success dredging. It seems as though they have been worked over pretty hard. I am looking for areas that I can access occasionally for maybe a day at a time, without having to knock on doors or look up tax records at the courthouse. Not that I mind knocking on doors, just don't have a lot of time for that at areas 100+ miles from home.
ProspectorAl
goldnugget
goldnugget

Advertisement

Postby Kilrush » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:40 am

Are you aware of a couple of old gold mines just acrossed the boarder of Va/Tn/NC lines?
Kilrush
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby ProspectorAl » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:51 pm

Hello Kilrush,

I know of some in Cherokee County, NC which borders TN, and a few in the "Virgilina" district of VA & NC. The ones in NC are in Person & Granville Counties. My brother lives 1 mile from the Granville County line, so I will be sure to check out the area next time I am there. The only problem is that I haven't been there in 3 1/2 years.............might be time for a visit. :wink: If you know of some others I would be glad to hear.

I was hoping to maybe get some info on public access areas along the Uwharrie, Catawba, etc rivers. Whatever is good.
ProspectorAl
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Kilrush » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm

sent you a plug in for google, it should help.
Kilrush
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Goldveiner » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:42 pm

Hello Prospector Al,

If you check the forum archive on NC gold you should see some good info on the Uhwarrie river.

There is a non profit group called The North Carolina Land Trust that just purchased a large section of the Uhwarrie river land north of Troy and El Dorado. There is a nice primative camp site next to the bridge on Low water Bridge road.

The North Carolina Land trust currently allows people to prospect and dredge on there property. Their boundries with the National Forest are pretty well marked. The National Forest is restricted to panning only I believe.

There is a decent base camp near the town of New London called the Cotton Patch Gold Mine Campground you might want to check out. They dont have dredging there but the high banking can be pretty good :)
Goldveiner
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby ProspectorAl » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:31 pm

Thanks Kilrush & Goldveiner. If I can ever help you out with Tennessee gold locations let me know. I also have access to 3 properties in North Georgia.
ProspectorAl
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby gravelVA » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:15 pm

i just got back from cotton patch, this past weekend.. and from sluicing a 4th of a load i ended up with 3/4s an ounce of gold. they are friendly people too.
there are 3-4 gold mines in the direct vicinity of the CP mine also.
if i could be the sidewalk beneath your feet, I'd know what you stand for.
gravelVA
picker
picker

Postby buccaneer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:29 pm

WOW THAT IS GREAT
buccaneer
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby adawg » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:07 am

3/4 of an ounce !!! :shock: Wow !!
UGA DAWGS FAN-ADDICT
adawg