• Advertisement

eastern nc gold

Talk about North Carolina gold

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

eastern nc gold

Postby tapridgen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:02 pm

I have been playing around in the creeks around the old Portis mine in Nash and Halifax county. I always find flakes and specs but never any gold of any size. Am I just wasteing my time or is there really some good gold here? Somebody please let me know. thanks :cry:
tapridgen

Advertisement

Re: eastern nc gold

Postby Frank » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Those specks and flakes will add up. Most east coast gold is small and there is nothing wrong with that at all. I am sure that if you don't want those little pieces someone will gladly take them off your hands. Keep digging.
Frank
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby obdiah » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 pm

are you just panning ? or are you dredging or highbanking with a dredge that small gold adds up fast if theres a lot of it because of the amount of material you process stay with it if I can get 5 0r 6 small flecks in a pan consistantly then its time to break out the dredge
Last edited by obdiah on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obdiah
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby tapridgen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:18 pm

I am just panning now but have just purchased a sluice and hand pump dredge and will try that . I have been waiting for deer hunting season to end so I want get shot in the woods. I am going this weekend, wish me luck!
tapridgen

Postby obdiah » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:46 am

tapridgen wrote:I am just panning now but have just purchased a sluice and hand pump dredge and will try that . I have been waiting for deer hunting season to end so I want get shot in the woods. I am going this weekend, wish me luck!

best of luck to ya tip take heavy water proof gloves to keep your hands from freezing
obdiah
goldnugget
goldnugget

Return to Ncgold