• Advertisement

bracket town north carolina

Talk about North Carolina gold

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

bracket town north carolina

Postby obdiah » Thu May 17, 2012 7:46 am

any one familiar with a site near bracket town NC ? I have heard it around 80 acres of tailing piles from a local mine and has a fee of 100 per year to join not sure how much gold is being found ? but its close to home
obdiah
goldnugget
goldnugget

Advertisement

Re: bracket town north carolina

Postby Frank » Thu May 17, 2012 6:17 pm

I think Lucky Strike gets some of their material from Brackettown. It may not be the same place but it could be.
Frank
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby golddiver » Thu May 17, 2012 8:44 pm

http://vmrc.luckystrikegoldandgem.com/index.html

Above is the link to Vein Mountain Recreational Miners Club that is run from the Lucky Strike property. They have quite a clubhouse there. Very friendly people. My wife and I were at the Lucky Strike when the club had a common dig and pot luck supper. We were invited to help ourselves to the eats even though we hadn't brought anything and were not members. As for the amount of gold to be found I can't answer that.

Golddiver
"Live long and prospect"
golddiver
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby obdiah » Thu May 17, 2012 9:16 pm

yep been to the lucky strike a time or two
obdiah
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Frank » Fri May 18, 2012 5:50 am

I had plans of joining that club this year but the wife's daughter just got out of the Army and is living in Georgia not too far from Deloniga so I joined the WEGM instead because I know we will spend a lot of time down there. I have heard nothing but good things about the Vein Mountain club though. Good luck with your choice.
Frank
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Dirt Road » Mon May 21, 2012 7:57 am

Lucky strike owners do indeed lease the 80 acres at Brackettown. I have been there and if I lived closer I would join. I still might join. One thing to add; it's 100 dollars per year but there is an additional monthly fee I think like 25 dollars for however long you want to stay in the club. So a year is going To cost you more like 400, one hundred upfront and the 25 or so per month. Other considerations; theres no camping on the property, no dredging on that property but you could where Lucky strike is, You can camp at lucky strike but that will also cost you about 10-15 dollars a night. I really like the owners of lucky strike and think they would be good people to deal with in a club situation. I'm just having a hard time finding enough weeks that I could go down to make it worthwhile.
Dirt Road
picker
picker

Postby NUGTHNTR » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:45 pm

That property is part of VEIN MOUNTAIN REC MINERS. DUES ARE $100.00 TO JOIN AND $20 A MONTHly This also give the use of
Lucky strike Gold and Gems camps section of the 2nd broad river. Join the club thru Lucky strike Gold and gems, They have a
site on the computer. GOOD LUCK
LDMA/GPAA/VMRM
NUGTHNTR

Postby NUGTHNTR » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 pm

When you join the club, they have common digs for $25 for 2 day dig, abt 4 per year, in Sept they have a auction to help cover
club house maint, there is a club house!! 4th of july they have fire works and barbque. Been a member for 4 yrs, in bracket town
you can dredge but not in the main creek.
LDMA/GPAA/VMRM
NUGTHNTR

Postby vajim » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:03 am

I was a member but did not get to use it much, was too far away, I got on the property a couple of times and was usually by myself, no other prospectors, I did not find anything but was just panning and sluicing. It was a bit rich for my blood but the owners and the Lucky Strike are the best. You can buy dirt there to highbank, I found that the dirt they get from the creek at Lucky Strike was better than from Bracket Town. Jim
vajim
picker
picker

Postby Scott00 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:41 pm

are the creeks on bracket town road any good i have permison to dredge a creek on that road but wasnt sure if it was worth the ride cant find the name of creek any where
Scott00

Postby Frank » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:02 am

There is gold in the area. It should definately be worth the ride.
Frank
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby Scott00 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 pm

finely find the name of the creek its the south muddy creek anyone know if its any good
Scott00

Postby adawg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:57 am

If it's the same Muddy Creek that I am thinking of, yes there is good gold there . I worked it many years ago, when it was part of Heathers Grove . This is in I believe McDowel Co. ??????
UGA DAWGS FAN-ADDICT
adawg
Super moderator
Super moderator

Return to Ncgold