• Advertisement

delaware river bed rock cuts and gravel bars

Talk about Pennsylvania gold

Moderators: SuperModerator, Admin

delaware river bed rock cuts and gravel bars

Postby snuffy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:27 am

Well gang ole snuffy worked some mighty fine lookin bedrock and humungous gravel bars this past saturday. had my son do the shovelin and carrting. ran 20 pails, and got 2= 5 gal. of cons. (gonna go into the black sand business) tried to do a gravity dredge but the gradient was not steep enough. well as soon as we figure out how to put some pics on here l will be showin off my first visible, and holdable gold. Woohoo even my 14 yr old was impressed. went to walmart and got a rock tumbler and some vinager. we saw 2 minks and an eagle and lots of ducks and geese and lots of them dang zebra mussles showed up in the 1/2 in class. this place crys out for a 4in dredge. heavy pans gang..............snuffy
snuffy the old man of the mountians
snuffy
picker
picker

Advertisement

Delaware

Postby golddiver » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Are you willing to reveal what part of the Delaware you were on. Many years ago I was on a one week raft trip from Calicoon to Dingmans Ferry.
Golddiver
Annville, PA
"Live long and prospect"
golddiver
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby LonGToM » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 pm

nice work! cant wait to see pics

tom
You know, they'll talk you up and down
they'll carry you, round and round.
don't you mind people grinnin' in your face.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... d=33607948
LonGToM
goldnugget
goldnugget

delaware location

Postby snuffy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:47 am

Dear gang, the exact location on the delaware is approx, 2.5 mi.north of harmony nj , it is not in fed land, locals call it fish camp it has a few cottages and a boat ramp, go up river til ya see the bed rock ot croppings and gravel bar (ya need a boat) dont have a gps and you cant get there from the pa side big cliff and solid rock. the place is sorta like a one sided gorge will have the pics on here soon as my 19 yr old daughter does her computer thingy, heavy pans................snuffy
snuffy the old man of the mountians
snuffy
picker
picker

Harmony NJ

Postby golddiver » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi Snuffy,
Thanks for the info. I looked at Google maps and satellite pic. How close is the area to the cooling towers of the power plant on the PA side? If there is a fair amount of gold that is not a real long trip from here. Thanks again and can't wait to see the pics. North Jersey is very mineralized and I see there are some quarries on the NJ side.

Golddiver
"Live long and prospect"
golddiver
goldnugget
goldnugget

Postby bhunter » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:29 am

Hey guys, i live in Dingmans ferry and tried a few pans up this way with out any luck!! I guess ill have to try below the gap!!!
bhunter
goldnugget
goldnugget

Return to Pagold